Administrative Assistant – Maternity Leave
This is a dynamic role that involves multitasking in a fast-paced medical clinic. This person must be able to work in a team environment, pay attention to detail, and show initiative. In this role, our administrative assistants are the first people to greet clients as they enter the clinic, therefore strong interpersonal relation skills are essential. Administrative Assistants will be assigned their role by the Clinic Manager and report directly to them.
It must be noted that in this role your will be working with another administrative staff, several different therapists, and dealing with many clients. The ability to leave one task, quickly switch to another, then seamlessly return to the previous task is a necessity due to the busy environment you will be in.
Although many consider an administrative assistant position a “desk job”, this position includes many tasks that will have you standing and moving and requires both physical and mental stamina.
Efficiency and mindfulness are other necessary skills for this role, as clients must promptly be greeted, escorted to their room, and payments processed/appointments booked after their session. Mindfulness is essential: a clients’ privacy must always be respected and remembering that you are interacting with persons who are going through rehabilitation is important.
Above all, being an effective communicator is the most important capability for success in this role, which in turn affects the success of the entire clinic. You must be able to communicate effectively to the clients of the clinic, as well as your coworkers.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- booking appointments by telephone or in person using the computer system,
- billing patients and third-party payers,
- preparing and submitting medical reports to physicians, Workers Compensation Board, and motor vehicle insurance companies,
- monitoring accounts receivable,
- insurance submissions,
- daily reconciliation of accounts,
- respond promptly to mail and email,
- copy patient files and respond to requests from physicians, law offices and insurance companies.
- entry of automatic credit payments and cheques from various sources,
- knowledge of products we sell (orthotics, footwear, bracing, tape, etc.),
- maintaining client records,
- light cleaning,
- other duties, as required
Hours: 37.5 - 42.5 per week for maternity leave
Wages: $15.00-16.00/hour, based on experience
Term: May 2023 to August 2024
Submit resumes by email to: